Associates Committee Membership
The Win Associates are a group of young professionals dedicated to giving back to the community and are actively committed to helping Win’s homeless families. The focus is to support Win’s initiatives through hands-on projects, volunteering and fundraising in New York City.
Information on our Associates Committee
Win Associates Committee:
Through a variety of volunteer activities, the Win Associates help raise much-needed funds and champion Win’s commitment to transforming the lives of New York City’s homeless moms and their children. The Win Associates are always looking to increase exposure and grow the committee to become a stronger, more unified group while expanding involvement.
Overview of the Committee:
The Win Associates work closely with the Volunteer Services Department by creating and scheduling bi-monthly volunteering events with the children and families within the Win shelters. The Volunteer Services Department assists in the implementation of the programs on site, and serves as support along with site staff. Outside of the calendar of events, the Win Associates also have bi-monthly meetings which assist in the organization of the upcoming events and debrief for the month’s previous event.
- Create all activities for bi-monthly volunteer programs
- Purchase any and all materials for the volunteer activities on-site
- Work and communicate with Volunteer Services Staff to organize the bi-monthly events on-site
- Work with Volunteer Services Staff to organize the registration and reminder process of the calendar of events
- Potential to speak at events on behalf of Win – “Super Volunteer”
- Organize bi-annual recruiting mixers for interested individuals
- Bring at least one or more guests to events to assist in the recruitment
- Work with Volunteer Services Department to recruit from the individual requests that come in through the website – first line of vetting
- Write copy to be put on the Win Associates page on the Win website highlighting upcoming events/activities/fundraiser
- Work with Volunteer Services Staff to post the highlights on the Win Associates page
- Work with Volunteer Services Staff to post live coverage of events on all social pages – to be highlighted in a sidebar on the Win Associates page